Formula 1 has had more than its share of column inches since that fateful moment on lap two of the Belgian Grand Prix.
For fans, it adds even more spice to an already fiery relationship between the title-chasing team-mates and makes the rest of the season look tantalisingly unpredictable and precariously balanced.
Daniel Ricciardo might even now seem a genuine threat for the title, given the controversial double points scenario in Abu Dhabi, and I'm sure there are more than a few neutrals who would love to see that scenario play out.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.