Will it be a yacht? Will it be a spaceship? Will it be a road car?
For now Red Bull is keeping schtum about exactly what 'new technology' projects Adrian Newey is going to be working on when he starts the transition to a life no longer fully focused on Formula 1. There will be no official word about what it is until later this summer.
But for a man who's so frustrated with the handcuffs that have been clamped down on his innovation by ever-tighter Formula 1 restrictions, what he should do is be given a clean sheet of paper for his drawing board to come up with the ultimate racing car. Forget being confined by maximum wing sizes, fuel-flow restrictions and a ban on clever technology, Newey should be given one simple task: make it extreme.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.