Now that the development race is really kicking off, how do you think the pecking order might change?
Mark Lovas, via Twitter
Unless there is a fundamental chassis-design problem, Mark, which I don't believe anyone has, or a team has unexpectedly found a grey area in the regulations to exploit, like the double diffuser of 2009, a significant change in the pecking order from a chassis perspective seems very unlikely.
We will still see the competitive balance swinging from race-to-race as teams introduce their upgrades, but I believe the basic running order has been set.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.