This winter, the World Touring Car Championship underwent its greatest transformation since the series rebooted in 2005.
The breadth of the technical revisions may fall short of Formula 1's 2014 overhaul in scope, but they are arguably as significant as the introduction of the previous Super 2000 class.
The new-for-2014 TC1 regulations are designed to address long-held criticisms by making the cars lighter, more powerful, more aggressive in appearance and faster.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.