Seven champions, 13 race winners, 31 cars. Those sorts of numbers help to explain why this year's British Touring Car Championship, which kicks off at Brands Hatch this weekend, is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in the series' history.
The NGTC cars, first introduced in 2011, now make up the whole field, and 11 different marques are represented.
With such a competitive pack, trying to predict the champion from the wheel-to-wheel drama is a tough task, but here are the main themes to look out for in 2014.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.