Fabrizio Giovanardi, Andrew Jordan, Alain Menu, Matt Neal, Jason Plato, Gordon Shedden and Colin Turkington - between them they have 12 BTCC titles and 261 race wins.
It's pretty impressive that the series has managed to line up drivers of that calibre for 2014, and that's before you bring in champions from other series and young rising talent.
But what do the seven title winners themselves make of the season ahead? How strong is the series? And who will be in contention?
2007 and 2008 champion
2014: Motorbase Ford Focus
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.