From political wrangling to red-faced climb-downs, and from Yamaha's tyre woes to Marc Marquez's injury-wrecked pre-season, MotoGP has suffered a winter of discontent.
Out of the ashes however, the shape of the sport's future has arisen. A new class structure has been implemented, with Ducati relinquishing its Factory status.
Honda's and Yamaha's stranglehold has been loosened. And all the major players enter the final year of their existing contracts.
AUTOSPORT analyses the major themes set to dominate the 2014 season.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.