Formula 1 headed to Melbourne fearing a disaster. But as it turned out, the weekend went more or less like any race last year.
Some teams had more problems than others, but we ended up with 15 cars running at the chequered flag (Jules Bianchi's Marussia was still on the track but had lost too much time at the start to be classified).
And of the seven DNFs, Felipe Massa's was unrelated to his car as he was drop-kicked from the track at the first corner by an out-of-control Kamui Kobayashi, whose Caterham had suffered a rear-brake failure.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.