Formula 1 teams have been spoiled in recent years by stable rules allowing them to hit the ground running in pre-season testing before packing the cars up for the first race.
Race simulations, set-up changes, tyre work, pitstop practice - you name it and they could get through it. During pre-season testing last year, the 11 teams completed 49,942km during all 12 days of testing, at an average of 4161km per day.
This year, in 10 days they've averaged 2337km per day.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.