Andreas Mikkelsen's legs were shaking for the last few hundred metres of last week's Rally Sweden. He couldn't stop them. He didn't want to. He'd waited a long time for this. And now the time was here. A World Rally Championship podium was waiting.
Predictably, there was plenty of emotion at the finish. Granted, it wasn't the win it very well might have been, but it was still a massive, massive result.
Second. In a factory Volkswagen Polo R WRC... a massive result for a two-time Intercontinental Rally Challenge champion Norwegian on snow? Really?
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.