Day two of 2014 Formula 1 testing on Wednesday started fairly slowly, with the decision made to capitalise on overnight rain to make this a wet day of running. That meant wetting it further, and not particularly effectively, with a tractor!
But the rain didn't return and the track had completely dried by midday, so the teams were able to get some preliminary running done in the morning, and then things got much more serious in the afternoon.
That gave us the first clear indications of where the field stands at the moment - and it's bad news for some.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.