McLaren offered the first chance to see a 2014 Formula 1 car from different angles when it revealed its MP4-29 on Friday.
It's clear the team has worked long and hard on the design and the challenges of the new rules, as the car is far more complex and considered than the other 2014 machines seen so far.
Starting at the front, McLaren's approach to the new low nose tip rules is as literal as both the Williams and Force India, but it has smoothly integrated the front wing mounting pylons into a rounded leading edge to the nose cone.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.