Given how demanding the first turbo Formula 1 cars were to drive, it's not surprising they brought out the best of the best.
There were many great drives during the 1977-1988 period in which the turbos came to dominate, and we've picked out some of the highlights as part of our turbo celebration this week.
We've selected a mix of significant races and charging performances across the entire era, with efforts from a range of drivers.
We're sure you could come up with a host of alternatives, but here's AUTOSPORT's list.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.