Tracking Paul di Resta's next career move once it was clear he was losing his Formula 1 drive was like playing a rubbish game of Chinese whispers.
One minute he was definitely going to replace cousin Dario Franchitti in Chip Ganassi's IndyCar line-up, the next he was going to be an F1 third-driver or even land a race drive further down the grid than Force India.
So why not live the American dream?
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.