One of the most mystifying developments during Formula 1's festive season was, without doubt, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo's stated desire to call a summit "to discuss the nature of F1 with the teams".
"We have to make proposals to do something, without putting anyone in the corner - and not [do deals] under the table. I want to do it in a very open way," the patrician Roman said at the Scuderia's select annual Christmas media luncheon.
"I want to have more dialogue between the teams - not about competition, but looking at the problems with F1."
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.