Formula 1 has been more willing to embrace change in the 21st century than ever before, with a series of format tweaks in recent years designed primarily to spice up the show or improve the sport's image.
Double-points finales now follow hot on the heels of DRS and tyres designed to degrade. And they arrive amid the switch to 'green' engines and a fan backlash against what some saw as a tedious end to the 2013 season.
So, with F1 increasingly open to moves that would have once been unthinkable, the AUTOSPORT team was invited to consider the one change we would each make to the sport - whether sporting, technical or organisational - if granted 'Bernie powers' for a day.
ANDREW VAN DE BURGT: Reverse-championship order grids
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.