"We are brave...we make decisions."
So said Helmut Marko of Red Bull in an interview with AUTOSPORT earlier this year. And as far as brave decisions go, promoting 19-year-old Daniil Kvyat to a Toro Rosso seat is right up there.
The Russian has just 22 laps under his belt in a Formula 1 car, his running restricted by spinning into the gravel during his outing at the Silverstone young driver test. He has never raced beyond Formula 3/GP3 level and with a massive rule change facing grand prix racing in 2014, there will not be much time during pre-season testing for him to bed in.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.