Bernie, if you're reading this, may we be so bold as to proffer a piece of advice? Get a Mexican Grand Prix back on the calendar as soon as possible.
After 20 years GP-free, the country is hungry for motor racing, and Formula 1 in particular. Mad for it, even.
During a recent two-day visit to Mexico City, we were surrounded by people celebrating speed: the rental-car guys at Mexico City International Airport waxed lyrical about their braking techniques in an Opel Corsa; the concierge in our hotel flicked continuously through racing magazines; and we were told that more than one million people lined the route of last year's La Carrera Panamericana road race, the Mexican equivalent of the Mille Miglia.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.