It will probably go down as the shortest retirement in V8 Supercar history.
Last November, Shane van Gisbergen announced he was walking away from the sport. At just 23 years of age, and with a seemingly lucrative drive at Stone Brothers Racing, the Kiwi made the decision to give it all up, citing "personal reasons" and declining to comment further.
Now, just over two months later, he's back with a brand new deal with Tekno Autosports to drive a Triple Eight-built Holden Commodore in 2013.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.