Practice one - Friday am
The opening session lived up to the Hungaroring's reputation as a place of scant drama. Few came out at first, Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button put McLaren into first and second with just after half an hour gone, and that's where they stayed.
Fernando Alonso's Ferrari was third, followed by Nico Rosberg's Mercedes and Romain Grosjean's Lotus. The latter's team-mate Kimi Rakkonen tried the squad's double DRS again, but its race debut would have to wait.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.