Former grand prix driver Luis Perez-Sala has experienced something brand new at Jerez in Spain this week - walking into the Formula 1 paddock as a team principal.
After taking over from Colin Kolles as boss of HRT over the winter, his first appearance in his new role came after a hectic few months getting to grips with the infrastructure, budgets and car development plans for the Spanish-owned team.
As Perez-Sala got used to his new surroundings in the HRT garage, AUTOSPORT spoke exclusively to the veteran of 26 grands prix to find out how the outfit is progressing, what the status of the new car is, and why he thinks 2012 is effectively a totally new beginning for the outfit.
Q: You took over as team principal of HRT late last year. How has the winter period and build-up to the season been?
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.