Tony Fernandes is intriguing. Owning grand prix teams and Premier League football clubs is no sure thing.
With football clubs in particular it's often a vanity project - a rich fan wanting to take control of a long-supported team. Fernandes is a West Ham fan.
His first London abode, however, was in west London on the Uxbridge Road. Appropriately enough for a football man, number 424!
He tried to buy West Ham three times, but such was the lukewarm reception from owners David Sullivan and David Gold, that he probably won't revisit that.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.