After a three week break in Formula 1 world, nobody minds getting back to work when we have Spa to look forward to. Some tracks might leave you longing for another few days off, but the trip to the wet and cold corner of Belgium seems to unite everyone as people return to work with smiles on their faces.
My first trip to Belgium came in 1998 when my now colleague David Coulthard triggered the massive crash on the opening lap and then found himself in Michael Schumacher's bad books after they collided at mid-distance.
Spa is a true legend of motorsport © sutton-images.com
Schumacher stormed along the pitlane to find him, a move which he told me last Sunday in a BBC TV interview, was the single thing he regretted most from his career.
From that point on I became, if not addicted, then amazed by this iconic circuit and I have been going back there ever since.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.