Tom Kristensen comes to Le Mans this year seeking a record ninth overall victory in the Le Mans 24 Hours. AUTOSPORT caught up with Audi's talismanic Dane to assess his views on the ultra-close match up between the German manufacturer and its great turbo-diesel rival Peugeot.
Kristensen also gave us the lowdown on the new-to-Le Mans Audi R18 TDI and his thoughts on the introduction of a World Endurance Championship for 2012.
Q. What do you make of the FIA and ACO's decision to make the ILMC a World Championship for next year?
Tom Kristensen: I think it's good. Obviously it's good news for sportscar racing, for sportscar enthusiasts and generally it's great for the sport.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.