Jari-Matti Latvala stays on top in Rally Sweden
||Saturday, February 11th 2012, 11:45 GMT
Ford's Jari-Matti Latvala continues to lead Rally Sweden, although he cannot shake off Mikko Hirvonen's Citroen.
The gap between the duo is now 18.6 seconds after the first loop of Saturday stages, as they shared most of the stage wins and set times mostly just a few fractions apart.
Hirvonen has been able to pull away from third-placed Petter Solberg in the second works Ford, who is now 39.9s off the lead and under pressure from Mads Ostberg - despite the Adapta Ford being a handful this morning as a puncture leaving service meant Ostberg had to run a right-side tyre on his left rear.
Sebastien Loeb has yet to make any further progress above seventh as he tries to recover from yesterday's trip off the road. The Citroen number one lost a little more time with a spin on SS12 and continues to chase Evgeny Novikov (M-Sport Ford) and Henning Solberg (Go Fast Energy).
Leading positions after SS14:
Pos Driver Team/Car Time/Gap
1. Jari-Matti Latvala Ford 1h57m11.7s
2. Mikko Hirvonen Citroen + 18.6s
3. Petter Solberg Ford + 39.9s
4. Mads Ostberg Adapta Ford + 47.1s
5. Evgeny Novikov M-Sport Ford + 1m46.4s
6. Henning Solberg Go Fast Ford + 2m31.4s
7. Sebastien Loeb Citroen + 2m43.5s
8. Patrik Sandell Mini + 3m14.3s
9. Martin Prokop Czech Ford + 3m37.3s
10. Eyvind Brynildsen Adapta Ford + 4m09.4s