Signature's Marco Wittmann led the way during an incident-filled second free practice session for the Macau Grand Prix, as many of his nearest rivals ended up in the barriers.
The German has been among the frontrunners all weekend and he completed another trouble-free session to end up 0.313 seconds ahead of closest challenger Roberto Merhi, as drivers were finally able to run on slick tyres with the morning's soaked track having dried out.
But Merhi, who already faces a 10-place grid penalty for tomorrow's qualification race, ended the session with a damaged car after running wide into the barriers at San Francisco Bend. His Prema team should be able to fix the damage for this afternoon's final qualifying session.
Merhi's team-mate Daniel Juncadella was third quickest - but he also ended up in the barriers at the end of the session, badly damaging his car and bringing out the third and final red flag of the shortened session.
Carlos Sainz Jr continued to do an impressive job on his Macau Formula 3 debut to end up fourth quickest for Signature, ahead of Carlin's Felipe Nasr.
Alexander Sims was battling for the top times through much of the session, but ended up sixth after also crashing out in his TOM'S Dallara.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Marco Wittmann Signature Dallara-VW 2m13.516s
2. Roberto Merhi Prema Dallara-Merc 2m13.829s + 0.313s
3. Daniel Juncadella Prema Dallara-Merc 2m14.210s + 0.694s
4. Carlos Sainz Jr Signature Dallara-VW 2m14.281s + 0.765s
5. Felipe Nasr Carlin Dallara-VW 2m14.336s + 0.820s
6. Alexander Sims TOM'S Dallara-Toyota 2m14.707s + 1.191s
7. Daniel Abt Signature Dallara-VW 2m14.752s + 1.236s
8. Valtteri Bottas Double R Dallara-Merc 2m14.867s + 1.351s
9. Carlos Huertas Carlin Dallara-VW 2m15.171s + 1.655s
10. Kevin Magnussen Carlin Dallara-VW 2m15.196s + 1.680s
11. Yuhi Sekiguchi Mucke Dallara-Merc 2m15.197s + 1.681s
12. Carlos Munoz Signature Dallara-VW 2m15.260s + 1.744s
13. William Buller Fortec Dallara-Merc 2m15.282s + 1.766s
14. Felix Rosenqvist Mucke Dallara-Merc 2m15.410s + 1.894s
15. Laurens Vanthoor Signature Dallara-VW 2m15.631s + 2.115s
16. Hideki Yamauchi Toda Dallara-Honda 2m15.725s + 2.209s
17. Jazeman Jaafar Carlin Dallara-VW 2m15.733s + 2.217s
18. Lucas Foresti Fortec Dallara-Merc 2m15.878s + 2.362s
19. Hywel Lloyd Sino Vision Dallara-Merc 2m16.126s + 2.610s
20. Mitch Evans Double R Dallara-Merc 2m16.128s + 2.612s
21. Pietro Fantin Hitech Dallara-VW 2m16.658s + 3.142s
22. Hannes van Asseldonk Hitech Dallara-VW 2m16.703s + 3.187s
23. Richie Stanaway Van Amersfoort Dallara-VW 2m16.958s + 3.442s
24. Marko Asmer Double R Dallara-Merc 2m16.996s + 3.480s
25. Kimiya Sato Motopark Dallara-VW 2m17.014s + 3.498s
26. Richard Bradley TOM'S Dallara-Toyota 2m17.442s + 3.926s
27. Adderly Fong Sino Vision Dallara-Merc 2m18.744s + 5.228s
28. Jimmy Eriksson Motopark Dallara-VW 2m18.828s + 5.312s
29. Hironobu Yasuda Three Bond Dallara-Nissan 2m19.639s + 6.123s
30. Antonio Felix da Costa Hitech Dallara-VW