Samuele Buttarelli tops first practice in Mugello
||Saturday, October 1st 2011, 09:26 GMT
Samuele Buttarelli topped the first practice session of Auto GP's season finale at Mugello, while Luca Filippi was the fastest of the title contenders.
Buttarelli (TP Formula) was at the sharp end throughout, and sealed top spot when he posted a 1m33.403s on his final tour of the circuit.
Supernova's Filippi finished just over 0.2s down in second, but significantly was ahead of his title rivals Sergei Afanasiev (DAMS) and Kevin Ceccon (Ombra), who were fifth and sixth respectively.
Ceccon currently leads on 116 points, with Afanasiev seven points in arrears and Filippi eight further back heading into the final two races this weekend, where a maximum of 43 points are on offer.
Unlike Afanasiev, Filippi and Ceccon set their fastest times on old rubber.
Campos Racing duo Adrien Tambay and Adam Carroll were separated by just over one tenth in third and fourth respectively.
Seventh went to Lazarus' Fabio Onidi, who edged team-mate Fabrizio Crestani by less than six hundredths of a second.
Rio Haryanto (DAMS) and Pasquale di Sabatino (TP Formula) completed out the top ten, while debutant Michele La Rosa (Ombra) rounded out the field in 14th.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap
1. Samuele Buttarelli TP 1m33.403s
2. Luca Filippi Super Nova 1m33.613s + 0.210s
3. Adrien Tambay Campos 1m33.926s + 0.523s
4. Adam Carroll Campos 1m34.054s + 0.651s
5. Sergei Afanasiev DAMS 1m34.552s + 1.149s
6. Kevin Ceccon Ombra 1m34.897s + 1.494s
7. Fabio Onidi Lazarus 1m34.970s + 1.567s
8. Fabrizio Crestani Lazarus 1m35.028s + 1.625s
9. Rio Haryanto DAMS 1m35.120s + 1.717s
10. Pasquale di Sabatino TP 1m35.808s + 2.405s
11. Giovanni Venturini Durango 1m36.598s + 3.195s
12. Francesco Dracone Emmebi 1m37.165s + 3.762s
13. Giuseppe Cipriani Durango 1m38.542s + 5.139s
14. Kevin Ceccon Ombra 1m43.321s + 9.918s