Edoardo Mortara took a dominant victory in the qualification race for the Macau Grand Prix - putting him on course for an historic double in the event.
The Signature driver did not make the best of getaways from the grid, losing the lead to fast-starting team-mate Daniel Abt on the run through Mandarin, but he was back in front by the time they got into Lisboa.
While there was chaos behind the leaders, as James Calado and Alexander Sims crashed spectacularly on the exit of Mandarin, Mortara kept his head down and built up a comfortable lead.
At the end of lap one he was 2.1 seconds clear of Abt and pulled another second clear the following time around.
On lap three, Laurens Vanthoor moved up to second with a dive past Abt into Lisboa. But, although the Belgian was able to chip away at Mortara's lead, the gap soon stabilised and the pair crossed the finish line 2.3 seconds apart.
While the two men at the front had fairly lonely races, the fight for third was more wide open - as Abt found himself under intense pressure from Prema's Roberto Merhi over the first half of the 10-lap race. On lap eight, Merhi got past with an aggressive move around the outside into Lisboa.
Then, a lap later, Valtteri Bottas's pressure on Abt forced the German to brake later for Lisboa and when Merhi left the inside open, both Abt and Bottas dived ahead. Later that lap, Merhi slowed and dropped down the order. He eventually parked his car on the slowing down lap with a right rear puncture after being classified 22nd.
Bottas, who started on the front row, could not find the pace to challenge the leading Signature cars and finished fourth - ahead of Marco Wittmann, Renger van der Zande and Jean-Eric Vergne.
Pos Driver Team Car Time/Gap
1. Edoardo Mortara Signature D/V 10 laps/22m14.842s
2. Laurens Vanthoor Signature D/V +2.342
3. Daniel Abt Signature D/V +9.414
4. Valtteri Bottas Prema D/M +9.647
5. Marco Wittmann Signature D/V +18.766
6. Renger van der Zande Motopark D/V +20.001
7. Jean-Eric Vergne Carlin D/V +20.709
8. Carlos Huertas Hitech D/V +21.312
9. Antonio Felix da Costa Carlin D/V +26.268
10. Daniel Juncadella Prema D/M +27.576
11. Felix Rosenqvist Performance D/V +31.265
12. Felipe Nasr Raikkonen D/M +35.510
13. Jazeman Jaafar Carlin D/V +36.516
14. Rio Haryanto Raikkonen D/M +43.046
15. Lucas Foresti Fortec D/M +50.375
16. Carlos Munoz Hitech D/V +50.894
17. Yuji Kunimoto TOM's D/T +51.266
18. Rafael Suzuki TOM's D/T +52.066
19. William Buller Fortec D/M +53.481
20. Yuhi Sekiguchi Three Bond D/N +53.732
21. Hideki Yamauchi Hanashima D/T +53.956
22. Roberto Merhi Prema D/M +55.035
23. Adderly Fong Sino Vision D/M +56.503
24. Michael Ho Raikkonen D/M +1m03.691
25. Kimiya Sato Motopark D/V +1 lap
A.Imperatori Toda D/H 8 laps
Hywel Lloyd CF/Manor D/M 2 laps
Oliver Webb Fortec D/M 0 laps
James Calado Carlin D/V 0 laps
Alexander Sims Raikkonen D/M 0 laps
Fastest lap, Vanthoor 2m11.934s