Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Hamilton leads Antonelli in sole practice

Formula 1
Dutch GP
LIVE: F1 Dutch GP updates - Hamilton leads Antonelli in sole practice

The hidden benefit of Verstappen’s new F1 deal that Red Bull wants to exploit

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
The hidden benefit of Verstappen’s new F1 deal that Red Bull wants to exploit

Ogier set for WRC return after Rally Finland crash

WRC
Rally del Paraguay
Ogier set for WRC return after Rally Finland crash

Why Alpine is banking on ‘powerful’ F1 car upgrade only Gasly will get in Zandvoort

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Alpine is banking on ‘powerful’ F1 car upgrade only Gasly will get in Zandvoort

Antrobus knocking on door at top of Autosport National Rankings

National
Antrobus knocking on door at top of Autosport National Rankings

Farewell Zandvoort: Our writers' personal highlights from the F1 Dutch GP

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Farewell Zandvoort: Our writers' personal highlights from the F1 Dutch GP

The themes to watch for the rest of F1 2026

Feature
Formula 1
The themes to watch for the rest of F1 2026

"Something needed to change" - What Cadillac F1 needs from its Budkowski era

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
"Something needed to change" - What Cadillac F1 needs from its Budkowski era

Ecclestone still eyeing New York GP

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is eyeing plans for a second race in the United States, after confirming on Thursday that talks are ongoing about an event in New York

Although Ecclestone has already signed a deal for the US GP to return in 2012 at a purpose-built facility in Austin, Texas, that has not stopped him looking at other opportunities in the country.

And despite plans for a race in Liberty State Park falling through earlier this year, Ecclestone has said that another idea for an event in New York is being seriously considered.

"It's happening," he told AUTOSPORT. "We are talking to them and trying to do our best. Let's see what happens."

When asked how sure he was that the Texas race would go ahead, amid scepticism from some quarters about whether the funding exists for the event, Ecclestone said: "100 per cent."

Ecclestone has also played down the prospects of Spain's second race moving from Valencia to Mallorca in the next few years. He met with representatives of a new Mallorca track at the recent European Grand Prix, but has said there was no ongoing plan to change venues.

"There is no discussion for that," he said.

Previous article Sauber says Valencia a breakthrough
Next article Britain preview quotes: Williams

Top Comments