SEAT confirm unchanged line-up
|By Matt Beer||Wednesday, January 28th 2009, 11:56 GMT|
SEAT have officially confirmed that their factory World Touring Car Championship line-up will remain unchanged for 2009, with title-winner Yvan Muller again joined by Gabriele Tarquini, Rickard Rydell, Jordi Gene and Tiago Monteiro.
The expected announcement came at SEAT's gala awards event in Barcelona yesterday.
The team dominated last year's WTCC, winning 12 out of 24 races along with the manufacturers' title, and taking a one-two in the drivers' standings with Muller and Tarquini.
SEAT president Eric Schmitt said the company saw no reason to change a winning team.
"I am very proud of the successes achieved by our team and am pleased to announce that SEAT will continue with its racing activities in 2009," he said.
"We want to defend our world championship titles with the same team and the same drivers as last year.
"I'd also like to thank Jaime Puig and all of the drivers because the magnificent teamwork they demonstrated last year was the key to our success. I trust it will also be a decisive factor this year."