Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Norris was “surprised” to claim Dutch GP pole position

Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Wolff jokes that Mercedes already has Verstappen for the "real hero races"

Supercars Ipswich: Feeney takes second win to secure unlikely Sprint Cup title

Supercars
Ipswich Super 440
Supercars Ipswich: Feeney takes second win to secure unlikely Sprint Cup title

What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Feature
Formula 1
Dutch GP
What we learned from the 2026 F1 Dutch GP sprint race and qualifying

Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Verstappen suffering from "flu-like" illness as Zandvoort exposes Red Bull's fundamental problems

Why Verstappen's 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year's

Formula 1
Dutch GP
Why Verstappen's 2026 Mercedes contact was very different from last year's

F1 Dutch GP: Norris pips Russell to grab pole

Formula 1
Dutch GP
F1 Dutch GP: Norris pips Russell to grab pole

BTCC Donington Park: Morgan leads dominant 1-2 for Plato’s old team

BTCC
Donington Park (Grand Prix Circuit)
BTCC Donington Park: Morgan leads dominant 1-2 for Plato’s old team

McLaren confident they will be cleared

McLaren remain confident the FIA will find no traces of Ferrari data in their 2008 car despite the governing body deferring a ruling until next year

The ruling, which was expected today following a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Monaco, has been deferred to February 14.

The FIA said McLaren and Ferrari would be invited to discuss the matter at the next World Motor Sport Council meeting in Paris.

McLaren said they are still confident no evidence of having used Ferrari's data will be found.

"McLaren acknowledges the World Motor Sport Council's announcement to defer its decision regarding the team's 2008 car to an extraordinary general meeting to be held on Thursday 14th February 2008 in Paris," the team said in a statement.

"From the very beginning McLaren has provided the FIA with full access and complete co-operation, and remains confident no confidential information has been incorporated within the team's 2007 and 2008 cars."

FIA president Max Mosley told reporters in Monaco, however, that doubt remained.

"We had very much hoped that the investigation of McLaren would be an end of the matter," he said. "As you will have gathered, it wasn't. We have received a report which makes it necessary to have another hearing."

Asked whether he feared something might have been overlooked in earlier searches at McLaren, he added: "It is a matter on which you could speculate.

"But we wouldn't have another hearing, and go through all this again and bring people from all over the world unless there was good reason to do so."

Previous article FIA to limit wind tunnel use from 2008
Next article Vettel ends 2007 testing on top

Top Comments

Latest news