Marco Wittmann stayed on top of the times on the second day of the DTM pre-season test at the Hockenheim circuit.
RMG BMW driver Wittmann went significantly quicker than in yesterday's session, posting a best time of 1m32.132s to finish over half a second clear of his closest rival, reigning champion Mike Rockenfeller in the quickest Audi.
Rockenfeller had set the pace in the morning session before Wittmann went over a second quicker than his previous best in the afternoon.
Christian Vietoris was third fastest in the HWA Mercedes, with Augusto Farfus (RBM BMW) and Timo Glock (MTEK BMW) completing the top five.
Former F1 driver Glock was the busiest man during the day, covering a mammoth 156 laps.
Miguel Molina finished in sixth in the second Audi ahead of Briton Jamie Green in another RS5. Paul di Resta, Adrien Tambay and Daniel Juncadella rounded up the top 10.
The test continues tomorrow.
Pos Driver Car Time Gap
1. Marco Wittmann RMG BMW 1m32.132s
2. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi 1m32.751s +0.619s
3. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes 1m32.877s +0.745s
4. Augusto Farfus RBM BMW 1m32.948s +0.816s
5. Timo Glock MTEK BMW 1m32.971s +0.839s
6. Miguel Molina Abt Audi 1m33.019s +0.887s
7. Jamie Green Rosberg Audi 1m33.057s +0.925s
8. Paul Di Resta HWA Mercedes 1m33.103s +0.971s
9. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi 1m33.228s +1.096s
10. Daniel Juncadella HWA Mercedes 1m33.329s +1.197s
11. Martin Tomczyk Schnitzer BMW 1m34.028s +1.896s
12. Pascal Wehrlein HWA Mercedes 1m34.822s +2.690s