autosport.com
Search:
Find out more about our subscriptions
  AUTOSPORT+ LOGIN AUTOSPORT Plus  
Username:
Password:
MOTOGP NEWS 

Lorenzo rubbishes reports of 2015 Ducati MotoGP deal

marquez lorenzo

Jorge Lorenzo has denied he has agreed a Ducati deal for 2015 and says he wants to end his MotoGP career at Yamaha.

Reports in the Spanish media on Thursday suggested that Ducati was poised to make a big-money swoop for the 2010 and '12 world champion at the end of this season.

The stories were swiftly dismissed by Yamaha, and now Lorenzo has underlined that he wants to stay with his current employer.

"When you are fast and winning races all the big factories want you, this is normal," he said.

"I have to clarify that there is no truth in the rumours that there is a contract with another manufacturer and I would like to start negotiating as soon as possible for my future with Yamaha.

"My dream is to retire after my career as a Yamaha rider. If our bike is even better this year then it will be easier..."

Yamaha brought Lorenzo into MotoGP in 2008 after his back-to-back 250cc world titles.

He has previously been pursued by the team's arch-rival Honda but opted to stay put.

The MotoGP rider market is expected to be a hot topic during the 2014 season with all of the current frontrunners out of contract at the end of the year.

Lorenzo's Yamaha team-mate Valentino Rossi has already stated that if his form does not improve within the opening six rounds he is likely to consider retiring.

  More news  
    advertisement
  RELATED LINKS
Read the AUTOSPORT Digital Edition
Visit the autosport.com shop
See highlights from 60 years of AUTOSPORT
Full MotoGP coverage on autosport.com
Read Toby Moody's latest 'Out of the box' column
  RELATED STORIES
Crutchlow keen on Lorenzo Ducati link
Haymarket