Scott Dixon continued his recent good form by topping the opening practice session for this weekend's IndyCar race at Mid-Ohio.
The Ganassi racer, who comes into the weekend having won the previous three races, finished the morning with a best lap of 1m05.7096s, putting him just 0.02 seconds ahead of team-mate Dario Franchitti.
Reigning series champion Ryan Hunter-Reay rounded out the top three.
A mostly uneventful session was punctuated by just one significant incident, when Marco Andretti stopped at the kink right before the chequered flag was due.
Luca Filippi, making his first appearance with Bryan Herta Autosport, completed just eight laps but managed to register the 19th-best time, while fellow debutant James Davison at Dale Coyne Racing finished up in 21st.
Pos Driver Team/Engine Time Gap
1. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 1m05.7096s
2. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 1m05.7375s +0.0279s
3. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 1m06.0464s +0.3368s
4. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 1m06.1308s +0.4212s
5. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy 1m06.2018s +0.4922s
6. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 1m06.2407s +0.5311s
7. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy 1m06.2911s +0.5815s
8. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda 1m06.3446s +0.6350s
9. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 1m06.4224s +0.7128s
10. Will Power Penske/Chevy 1m06.4622s +0.7526s
11. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 1m06.5311s +0.8215s
12. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy 1m06.5319s +0.8223s
13. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 1m06.5791s +0.8695s
14. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy 1m06.6047s +0.8951s
15. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda 1m06.6970s +0.9874s
16. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 1m06.7827s +1.0731s
17. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy 1m06.7978s +1.0882s
18. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy 1m06.8099s +1.1003s
19. Luca Filippi Herta/Honda 1m06.8836s +1.1740s
20. Oriol Servia Panther/Chevy 1m06.9481s +1.2385s
21. James Davison Coyne/Honda 1m07.0919s +1.3823s
22. James Jakes Rahal/Honda 1m07.3270s +1.6174s
23. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy 1m07.6823s +1.9727s
24. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 1m08.1527s +2.4431s
All drivers use Dallara DW12 chassis