Ryan Hunter-Reay claimed the fastest time on a rain-interrupted IndyCar test day at Mid-Ohio on Wednesday.
Most of the morning was lost to poor weather, but once conditions improved the reigning champion was able to complete 39 laps with a best time of 1m05.6358s, putting him just 0.1 seconds ahead of Simon Pagenaud, who in turn had a similar margin over Will Power.
Australian James Davison, who will make his IndyCar debut in the second Dale Coyne entry at this weekend's race, finished up with the 21st best time and told the official series site that it was a good start.
"It's the day I've worked for my entire life and to see my name on the timing charts with all these superstars is a pretty cool feeling," said Davison.
"Today is a head start on Friday. I've had limited track time and it's good to see that [team-mate] Justin [Wilson] is running well so we can learn from his car."
The test also marked the first appearance by multiple GP2 race winner Luca Filippi in the BHA entry; the Italian completing 54 laps on his way to setting the 17th-fastest time.
In addition to new faces in the cockpit, teams also had an opportunity to try out a new aluminum steering arm, which has been released by Dallara in an effort to minimise the likelihood of hand and wrist injuries in certain types of accidents.
The part, which is not mandatory, will be available to make its race debut this weekend should any teams opt to use it.
Pos Driver Team/Engine Time Gap Laps
1. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti/Chevy 1m05.6358s 49
2. Simon Pagenaud Schmidt/Honda 1m05.7965s +0.1607s 62
3. Will Power Penske/Chevy 1m05.8206s +0.1848s 52
4. Sebastien Bourdais Dragon/Chevy 1m05.9654s +0.3296s 61
5. Helio Castroneves Penske/Chevy 1m05.9710s +0.3352s 50
6. Scott Dixon Ganassi/Honda 1m06.1025s +0.4667s 50
7. James Hinchcliffe Andretti/Chevy 1m06.1100s +0.4742s 37
8. Justin Wilson Coyne/Honda 1m06.1541s +0.5183s 32
9. Marco Andretti Andretti/Chevy 1m06.1716s +0.5358s 37
10. Charlie Kimball Ganassi/Honda 1m06.2360s +0.6002s 71
11. James Jakes Rahal/Honda 1m06.2761s +0.6403s 47
12. Oriol Servia Panther/Chevy 1m06.3740s +0.7382s 61
13. Tony Kanaan KV/Chevy 1m06.4072s +0.7714s 57
14. Takuma Sato Foyt/Honda 1m06.4743s +0.8385s 52
15. EJ Viso Andretti/Chevy 1m06.5502s +0.9144s 48
16. Simona de Silvestro KV/Chevy 1m06.6743s +1.0385s 48
17. Sebastian Saavedra Dragon/Chevy 1m06.7436s +1.1078s 40
18. Luca Filippi Herta/Honda 1m06.7579s +1.1221s 56
19. Tristan Vautier Schmidt/Honda 1m06.8079s +1.1721s 54
20. Josef Newgarden Fisher/Honda 1m06.8416s +1.2058s 32
21. James Davison Coyne/Honda 1m07.0270s +1.3912s 39
22. Dario Franchitti Ganassi/Honda 1m07.1307s +1.4949s 16
23. Ed Carpenter Carpenter/Chevy 1m07.5398s +1.9040s 60
24. Graham Rahal Rahal/Honda 1m18.6062s +12.9704s 3