Skip to main content

Sign up for free

  • Get quick access to your favorite articles

  • Manage alerts on breaking news and favorite drivers

  • Make your voice heard with article commenting.

Autosport Plus

Discover premium content
Subscribe

Recommended for you

Why this year the Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Feature
IndyCar
110th Running of the Indianapolis 500
Why this year the Indy 500 isn't as straightforward to call as you might expect

Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

Formula 1
Canadian GP
Will Mercedes or McLaren land the next punch at F1's Canadian GP?

The mental challenge Evans takes on at Rally Japan

WRC
Rally Japan
The mental challenge Evans takes on at Rally Japan

Why the Catalan GP chaos may finally force MotoGP riders to unite

Feature
MotoGP
Catalan GP
Why the Catalan GP chaos may finally force MotoGP riders to unite

Why Ford 'loves the V8 idea' in F1 amid changing road car strategy

Formula 1
Why Ford 'loves the V8 idea' in F1 amid changing road car strategy

What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

Feature
MotoGP
What we learned from MotoGP's wretched Catalan GP

How Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Feature
GT
How Verstappen's Nurburgring adventure marked the next phase of his legacy

Why Nurburgring 24 Hours agony may motivate Verstappen to return

Endurance
Why Nurburgring 24 Hours agony may motivate Verstappen to return

Di Resta, Sutil say they have no issues after Chinese GP clash

Force India drivers Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta say there is no lingering animosity over their clash early in the Chinese Grand Prix

Sutil ran di Resta off the road as they battled in a pack of cars on the exit of the hairpin on the first lap.

While Sutil was taken out by Esteban Gutierrez soon afterwards, di Resta fought back from 14th to finish eighth.

Force India deputy team chief Bob Fernley pledged to address the issue after the race, and Sutil confirmed that the drivers had cleared the air.

"Most importantly, we had a look at it, we spoke about it, and that's it," he said.

"There are worse scenarios in the paddock here between team-mates. We respect each other and there shouldn't be any problems."

He admitted that greater care had to be taken when battling with his team-mate.

"In the end, you have to race everyone," Sutil said.

"If you race a team-mate, you should be a little more careful, but you need to race him. It's a small degree and it's hard to judge.

"The important thing is that if you're a fair driver, there shouldn't normally be these kind of problems.

"If it had been an incident with another car, no one would have realised. Sometimes there are just misunderstandings.

"It's important to talk about it and have no hard feelings afterwards."

Di Resta agreed that the matter was now resolved.

"Of course there were discussions and opinions but I think it is sorted," he said.

Previous article Kimi Raikkonen sees no need to alter F1 tyres despite criticism
Next article Kovalainen hopes Caterham Friday chance leads to F1 race return

Top Comments

Latest news