Rob Huff repeated his morning form to set the pace in the final World Touring Car Championship practice session ahead of Macau qualifying on Friday afternoon.
The Briton's lap of 2m31.061s was 0.274 seconds faster than championship outsider and RML Chevrolet team-mate Yvan Muller.
The three remaining drivers in contention for the 2012 drivers' crown occupied the top three positions in free practice two, as Alain Menu took third spot.
The Swiss racer's Cruze sported a broken left-front wing mirror on his return to the pits, evidence of Menu's efforts to run in close proximity to the Macau armco.
For more insight from the Macau WTCC and F3 weekend read our rolling Macau GP news blog.
Gabriele Tarquini ended the afternoon as top non-Chevrolet driver in fourth, although there may be concerns at Lukoil SEAT over the Italian's 1.4s deficit to Huff's benchmark.
The progress of the Honda Civic WTCC in Macau was confirmed by Tiago's Monteiro's fifth place in free practice two. The former grand prix driver had been fastest of all in Thursday's test.
Norbert Michelisz's hopes of defending his Yokohama Drivers' Trophy points lead were bolstered by sixth place, fastest in class.
After crashing heavily at Mandarin corner on Thursday, Darryl O'Young showed no ill effects to secure seventh for Bamboo Engineering.
Shanghai double Yokohama victor Stefano D'Aste sustained light damage to his Wiechers-Sport BMW after making contact with the wall at Police.
Mehdi Bennani also found the barriers. The Moroccan scuffed the tyre barriers at Lisboa, but despite damage to his rear wheel arch Bennani recovered to the pits.
Pos Driver Team/Car Time Gap
1. Rob Huff Chevrolet 2m31.061s
2. Yvan Muller Chevrolet 2m31.335s + 0.274s
3. Alain Menu Chevrolet 2m31.630s + 0.569s
4. Gabriele Tarquini Lukoil SEAT 2m32.420s + 1.359s
5. Tiago Monteiro Honda 2m32.995s + 1.934s
6. Norbert Michelisz Zengo BMW 2m33.802s + 2.741s
7. Darryl O'Young Bamboo Chevrolet 2m33.814s + 2.753s
8. Pepe Oriola Tuenti SEAT 2m33.836s + 2.775s
9. Tom Coronel ROAL BMW 2m33.931s + 2.870s
10. Tom Boardman Special Tuning SEAT 2m34.488s + 3.427s
11. Fredy Barth SUNRED SEAT 2m34.492s + 3.431s
12. Franz Engstler Engstler BMW 2m34.632s + 3.571s
13. Alex MacDowall Bamboo Chevrolet 2m34.938s + 3.877s
14. Stefano D'Aste Wiechers BMW 2m34.974s + 3.913s
15. Mehdi Bennani Proteam BMW 2m35.079s + 4.018s
16. Charles Ng Engstler BMW 2m35.498s + 4.437s
17. Aleksei Dudukalo Lukoil SEAT 2m35.850s + 4.789s
18. Fernando Monje Tuenti SEAT 2m36.282s + 5.221s
19. James Nash Arena Ford 2m36.349s + 5.288s
20. Tom Chilton Arena Ford 2m36.653s + 5.592s
21. Andre Couto Tuenti SEAT 2m36.834s + 5.773s
22. Henry Ho Five Auto BMW 2m41.451s + 10.390s
23. Jo Rosa Merzsei Engstler BMW 2m41.536s + 10.475s
24. Eurico de Jesus Five Auto Honda 2m43.515s + 12.454s
25. Celio Alves Dias China Dragon Chevrolet 2m44.147s + 13.086s
26. Kin Veng Ng China Dragon Chevrolet 2m44.423s + 13.362s
27. Ka Lok Mak RPM BMW 2m47.635s + 16.574s
28. Filipe de Souza China Dragon Chevrolet