There's no doubt the best overall package of the 2016 Formula 1 season was the Mercedes W07 Hybrid. The car allowed Mercedes to complete a hat-trick of drivers' and constructors' titles, as world champion Nico Rosberg and team-mate Lewis Hamilton won 19 of the 21 grands prix between them.
However, being the best overall doesn't necessarily mean being the best in every aspect. Often, there were areas in which rival teams had the best solution.
If we could join these parts together to form an imaginary perfect 2016 F1 race car, what would it look like?
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.