If there was one thing that Ferrari was good at, it was running clear number-one and number-two cars.
Very seldom did it have to convene a board meeting when its two cars were running together to decide who was going to win.
In reality, we all hated that approach, but as we've seen over the last few years, if you don't have a black-and-white set of rules, Sunday afternoon can become a bit of a nightmare.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.