Why is F1 so afraid to experiment with different GP formats such as reversed grids, sprint races, etc?
Calixto Erico, via Twitter
Any time anyone experiments with something publicly, they risk failing and losing face. That's the main reason nothing happens.
Things need to change for a reason, which needs to be debated in public. Formula 1 pays for itself because of the spectators and viewers - if they stop watching, then the big sponsors will be lost and it will go down the pan.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.