Felipe Massa has a genuine shot at winning the Australian Grand Prix. How long has it been since it has been possible to say something like that heading into a Formula 1 weekend?
Save for the 2010 German Grand Prix, in which Sebastian Vettel's excessive swerve off the line to block Fernando Alonso allowed Massa to take a lead he only lost to Ferrari team orders, the Brazilian has not seriously contended for a win since the end of his superb 2008 season.
But, astonishingly, if pre-season testing is to be believed, he is back in the running for big results.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.