In the wake of Formula 1's shock move to double points finales from 2014, the AUTOSPORT team proposed some wild ideas of our own to improve the sport - which certainly polarised reader opinion.
Several of the more controversial suggestions involved reversed grids and forcing the quickest cars and drivers to battle through the field.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.