Monaco GP, May 14 1961
It is difficult for me to choose between the 1955 Mille Miglia and the 1961 Monaco Grand Prix as the 'race of my life', but I would have to go for Monaco '61.
It was a 100-lap race, it took over two and a half hours, and there were lots of very fast drivers: [Jim] Clark was there, Dan Gurney, the two Hills [Phil and Graham].
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.