GETTING ON THE MAP: Laguna Seca 1997
Porsche 911 GT1 Evo
Picked up by Porsche as a test driver at the start of the year and placed with the Roock squad for the Le Mans 24 Hours, McNish was drafted into the German manufacturer's FIA GT Championship squad at the A1-Ring. But it was at the Laguna Seca finale in an extra car that he made his mark.
A Porsche 911 GT1 Evo finally led a race in McNish's hands and the car, shared with Ralf Kelleners, was in with a shot of victory before a bungled pitstop.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.