It has been roughly a year since Randy Bernard stepped aside as CEO of IndyCar, and with the hand of Mark Miles now on the wheel - Miles being CEO of Hulman & Co, parent company of IndyCar and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway - the series' new direction is beginning to take shape.
Many of the changes have taken place behind the scenes, with a managerial restructure having recently been completed by the appointment of two experienced marketing executives.
But in competition terms, IndyCar is preparing for a self-described 'transitional year' in 2014.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.