For the first time in a decade the World Rally Championship wasn't won by Sebastien Loeb. But it was still dominated by a Seb.
Volkswagen arrived in the WRC with its new Polo and Sebastien Ogier dominated in a manner not dissimilar to his Citroen-driving namesake. Nine wins from 13 events was impressive, and included two against outgoing legend Loeb.
In Ogier's wake, the drivers at Ford and Citroen had their moments, but were ultimately well-beaten.
Here then, is AUTOSPORT's top 10 drivers of a landmark WRC season.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.