Highcroft car staged remarkable recovery to win © LAT
Outside victory is Acura's first
2008 Lime Rock
There wasn't much money on Highcroft giving Acura a first outright ALMS victory after the opening exchanges. David Brabham qualified on pole, but team-mate Scott Sharp was in freefall down the order with a broken diffuser.
Speedy pitwork and canny tactics by the Highcroft crew - followed by a superlative drive from Brabham - sealed an amazing victory, one that was never in doubt in Brabham's mind.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.