A year is a very long time in Formula 1.
Twelve months ago, Romain Grosjean left Suzuka with his tail between his legs, and his ears burning after a verbal bashing in the Lotus offices from Mark Webber, who had confronted the 'first lap nutcase' following their Turn 2 collision.
This weekend, Grosjean is turning up at the Japanese Grand Prix not only having banished his starting blues, but turned himself into a phenomenal package that is putting the heat on team leader Kimi Raikkonen to lift his game.
To continue reading this feature, subscribe to Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.