They start them young in Uruguay. But even so, for Urrutia to be in with an outside shot of the European Formula 3 Open title is pretty impressive - he doesn't celebrate his 17th birthday until the end of this month.
Urrutia was winning motocross races against older kids at the age of four, before making the logical move into karts, where he won titles in Uruguay and neighbouring Argentina.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.