With just four rounds of the 2013 DTM remaining, the battle for the championship is unfolding just as series bosses would have hoped.
For the first time since BMW's return to the championship at the start of last year, all three competing manufacturers have drivers well in the title hunt.
But whereas 2005 title winner Gary Paffett and defending champion Bruno Spengler are providing Mercedes and BMW respectively with cause for optimism, it is Audi man Mike Rockenfeller well and truly in the pound seats.
To continue reading this feature, join Autosport Plus today.
Are you an Autosport magazine subscriber? Activate your online account
- Your Autosport Plus membership includes:
- Unlimited access to Autosport's news - no monthly cap.
- Read the best motorsport features, analysis and opinion.
- Explore Forix, our comprehensive motorsport stats database.
- Choose from a monthly or yearly membership.